From November 30th, 2022 to January 12th, 2023, public charities throughout the KC region could apply for consideration to become the third beneficiary for Parade of Hearts. The selection process is being managed by The Greater Kansas City Community Foundation and the third beneficiary will be announced March 1, 2023.
- Application Launch Date: November 30, 2022
- Application Deadline: 12:00pm CST Thursday, January 12, 2023
- Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decisions via email by March 1, 2023
- Proceeds from the Parade of Hearts 2023 & 2024 will be distributed in the fourth quarter of 2024
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 816.627.3452
- Organizations that meet the requirements of U.S. IRS Code Section 501(c)(3) for qualified charitable organizations. To verify if your charity meets these requirements, search GuideStar.
- Organizations with a physical address in one of the following counties:
- Kansas: Johnson and Wyandotte
- Missouri: Cass, Clay, Jackson and Platte
- Preference is given to charities that have an impact on both sides of the state line, but does not require the charity to have an operating location in both states.
- A focus in at least one of the three remaining pillars: Education, Minority Owned Business and Hospitality & Tourism.
Additional Beneficiary Benefits March 2023-September 2024
- Brand elevation
- Social and digital marketing & awareness of organization’s mission and impact
- Parade of Hearts website beneficiary page
- Public Relations & media coverage